lunes, 28 de septiembre de 2009

informal letter " fiestas patrias"




Dear Bryan,

Sorry its taken me so long to write, but as you know i've been decorating the apartment. In fact, I finished the thursday because I'm preparing for the fiestas patrias. Every september 18th my family commemorate the glory of the soldiers of Chile. The story is so long because Chile in 1918 signed their independence.

Also, the people of Chile built a traditional place called "fonda" that is a place that you can go with your family or friends and you can eat empanadas and drink "chicha"( a drink made of apple or grapes), but the best thing of the fonda is that you can dance "cueca" all night.

This celebration also have the parada militar, is when the soldiers march to the city and the poeple watch them. But the funniest thing of this celebration are the drunk people because they do things that you have never seen before like dance cumbia or talk about things that make no sense.

Anyway, this celebration for me is very special because I eat a lot of food but the most important thing is that I stay with my family and friends.

Well, that's all from me
All the best
Pier tikititiii!! Vasquez.

1 comentario:

  1. Well done! You've included all the information and made a good description of the festival.

    This celebration also have the parada militar, is = This celebration also has a military parade, which is
    poeple = people

    ResponderEliminar